Monday, February 22, 2010

What a day.

It's been a hell of a day.

First thing this morning, Meghan had to undergo a very painful and, frankly, quite horrifying procedure called a colposcopy. For those of you who don't know what that is:

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/cevicalconditions/a/colposcopy.htm

The purpose was, unfortunately, to get a biopsy because of an abnormal pap. The experience was quite painful, and when all you want to do is hold your partner's hand but they make you wait in the lobby...it's shaping up to be a hell of a day.

We arrived home, though, safe and sound. Watching movies and taking care of my baby has been the plan for the day. It drives me absolutely insane when the person I love the most in this world is suffering and I can't do a damn thing to stop that.

I also received some terrible news from my friend, Nolan. Colin, a friend of mine from high school, passed away early this morning. He was home visiting his family, and apparently suffered a seizure. Colin was 20.

How can you...write about something like that? I don't know what to say. I want to cuss, and yell, and scream, and cry, and demand an explanation. And I wasn't even very close with Colin. We knew each other, we respected each other, and we made each other laugh, but we were never close. Nevertheless...I can't stop seeing him.

So...it's been a hell of a day. Colin, rest in peace. Prayers, good thoughts, good karma, and good ju-ju are with you and your family. And if anyone wants to throw some of that our way, it would be much appreciated.

Seek Peace, Fly High, Find Love,
Poncho.

No comments: